The CCNP Collaboration certification examination tests your knowledge of collaboration and makes you an expert in the professional jobs in collaboration technologies. It is one of the most coveted certifications of the industry. The examination has two divisions and here is what you need to know.
- The core examination is also called Implementing and Operating CISCO Collaboration Core Technologies v1.0 (350-801-CLCOR) and tests the knowledge of an individual in collaboration infrastructure, such as design, endpoints, protocols, and codecs.
- The core examination is the first step and qualifies the CCIE Collaboration examination.
- The second stage of the examinations focuses on industry-based topics like call control and mobility, automation, and cloud and edge solutions.
- The candidates can take the concentration examinations with the help of training courses from CISCO.
Choosing the concentration examinations
Every individual considering the opportunity and prospects of CCNP Collaboration certification needs to take the examinations in two stages. While the first one covers the core topics, the second set of examinations or the concentration exams allow the candidates to enjoy the flexibility of choosing the industry-specific topics they prefer. Here are the options they need to choose.
- Implementing CISCO Advanced Call Control and Mobility Services
- Implementing CISCO Collaboration Applications
- Implementing CISCO Collaboration Cloud and Edge Solutions
- Automating and Programming CISCO Collaboration Solutions
The network administrations, engineers, and system engineers can take this examination. Usually, the CCNP examinations stay valid for three years from the date of passing.
How to pass the examinations smoothly
If you are all set to get certification to advance your professional career, the CCNP Collaboration certification puts you on a higher platform. Here is what you need to know.
- The first step is to learn about CCNP Collaboration certification that helps in expanding the skills and knowledge of an individual.
- To obtain the certification, a candidate needs to take the core examination or 350-801 CLCOR along with the concentration exams including 300-815 CLACCM, 300-820 CLCEI, and 300-835 CLAUTO.
- Every candidate needs to familiarize themselves with the prerequisites of the examinations and take the preparation training courses to appear in them.
- The preparation plan for taking the examination is a crucial aspect to remember as every candidate needs to follow the steps carefully to cover every topic.
- An aspirant needs to follow a deadline for studying every topic in-depth so that they can better understand the areas they need to improve.
- Every candidate going ahead with CCNP certification needs to follow regular hours of study and stay consistent with each topic to retain the lessons in the memory.
- It is not just learning everything by heart that matters but smart studying techniques that matter the most.
- The candidates taking the examination need to practice to strengthen the concepts, so studying in detail makes them more confident for passing the examinations with ease.
As far as prerequisites for CCNP Collaboration is concerned, every candidate needs to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of the topics before taking the examination. Often, CCNP aspirants have up to five years of experience in implementing collaboration solutions.
How to benefit from the course
The following points present how each course can prepare you to accomplish the objectives.
- The CLCOR course helps candidates to consolidate and resolve the issues in CISCO Unified Communications Manager with LDAP or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol for synchronization and authentication of users.
- They can also learn to implement the provisional features of CISCO Unified Communications Manager
- Handle the configuration and troubleshooting of the endpoints of collaboration.
- Helps in earning 64 credits for recertification.
- The CLICA examination certifies the knowledge and skills associated with collaboration applications.
- The CLAM examination tests the knowledge of a candidate in advanced mobility and call control services.
- The CLCEI is an examination to test the knowledge and skills related to the emerging technologies related to collaboration cloud and edge.
- The CLCNF is a means of testing how to configure and resolve the conferencing solutions within the premises.
- The CLAUTO examinations certify the expertise of an individual in applications that automate and extend CISCO Collaboration.
The CCNP Collaboration certification comprises a wide range of questions both in theory and practical bases. Therefore, every candidate needs to do a lot of hard work and gather a few years of experience in CISCO products before taking the examination.