In an era of technology, businesses and schools around the world still rely on good, old-fashioned presentations. It not only condenses the report into digestible pieces, but it also helps assess the public speaking skills of the presenter.
When it comes to presentation, however, there’s no recognizable app other than Microsoft PowerPoint. It’s synonymous with presentations as Xerox is to facsimile.
But today’s PowerPoint has evolved since it was introduced in 1987. You can even add a PowerPoint Plugin to impress your boss or your teacher.
Here are some stats about PowerPoint that may interest you.
- More than 6 million teachers are using PowerPoint slides for their lessons every day.
- Also, every day, more than 300 million presentations are made.
- More than 500 million people in the world today are using PowerPoint presentations.
The widespread use of PowerPoint and its compatibility with every possible device and interface makes it easy to carry around your presentation on a USB dongle. You know that when you stick it into another device, it’s going to come to life whether they are using Windows or iOS.
Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks
A PowerPoint Plugin has improved from being a 30-year-old technology. Although the technology concerning PowerPoint has grown leaps and bounds in recent years, third-party plugin add-ons can make your presentation even more unique.
At the outset, you can load an add-in on PowerPoint with the following steps.
- You need to click File then go to Options. You can then double click on the Add-Ins.
- Second, go to the Manage list where you will click again on the PowerPoint Add-Ins. Click Go.
- You will find an Add-Ins list. Check the box right next to the item you want to add. After that, you exit the program.
One PowerPoint Plugin that you can consider is from Maurizio Lacava. For instance, one functionality of the plugin is that you can easily resize all the shapes. Once you have selected the first shape and decided on the size, the subsequent forms will take on the original size that you chose.
The other benefits of installing plugins include the following.
- You can swap the shapes in the presentation with just one click. No need to redo your slide because you chose the wrong form.
- The plugin will automatically align and distribute the shapes that you selected in a grid.
- You can resize all items with just one click. You don’t have to do that by yourself, which takes time and effort.
- You can have a uniform RGB color on all sides without much effort.
- You can generate Gantt Charts quickly. The system will guide you through the whole process.
- You can simplify complex charts with a few steps. You can make sure that your audience won’t leave the room confused about your message.
- Embed videos and moving images.
- Proprietary assets are included, which are not available on generic PowerPoint software.
- You can sweep the side clean with just one click.
Lastly, with the plugin from Maurizio Lacava, you can save the slides that you need. You don’t have to keep the whole presentation even if you only need one slide. This would be the most practical way to do it because you avoid looking through the entire bunch of slides for the information that you need during a presentation.