Whether you’re just starting an Ecommerce dropshipping business or you already have an established one, you’d definitely know how essential it is to know what to sell and what do people buy.
However, doing hours and hours of product research can be daunting and time-consuming. If you don’t have the time and diligence to do such things, it can be in your best interest to invest in a product research tool.
Are you looking for such tools? Click here for more information and reviews.
What Exactly is A Product Research Tool?
Generally, product research tools automatically search and extract the top-selling products, within a specific time frame or criteria, on a user-selected Ecommerce platform. By utilizing such tools, you can avoid countless hours of daunting product research.
What Are The Best Product Research Tools?
1. Zik Analytics
This is one of the most popular product research tools in the market. Many dropshipping entrepreneurs trust this tool, as it provides valuable product information and has useful features such as competitor research and category research. Zik Analytics comes with a monthly, semi-annual, and annual fee options.
- Zik academy – You’ll get free access to a wide array of educational content.
- Title analytics tool – You can utilize this tool to look for generic and long-tailed keywords.
- Category research – This feature will allow you to see the current best performing niche or sub-niche.
- Competitor research – This feature allows you to examine the top-performing sellers on different Ecommerce platforms.
- Bulk scanner – This scanner will allow you to extract all the products from a particular seller based on your chosen criteria.
- Free 7-day trial
- Using certain features will come with additional costs.
Chili-hunter is a popular choice for those who want a product research and market research tool in one. This tool has a wide array of useful tools and features, such as hot niches research and advanced duplicate protection. It also comes with a free 10-day trial and two pricing options – monthly and annual.
- Profitable product research – This will automatically extract a profitable product and upload it to your dropshipping tool.
- Hot niches research – This helps you find out what dropshipping category/subcategory sells the best.
- Hot keyword research – This will show you what products buyers are looking for and what keywords have been in their searches.
- Duplicate protection – This tool will scan your dropshipping store and will alert you of any duplicate listings.
- Bad product reminder – This feature looks for products in your store that don’t sell anymore.
- Chili-Hunter is also known for its slow customer support. Expect your inquiries to be answered within a few hours or more.
- They have a plain-looking UI (User Interface)
- In order to access their 10-day free trial, you’ll need to have a coupon.
3. Products Sniper
This product research tool has a full platform and a chrome extension that finds and scans profitable items on AliExpress. It’s also easy to use and very affordable. Products sniper is popular for their easy and fast product finding process, which can all be done through their chrome extension. If you work with Chinese suppliers, this can be a good option for you.
- Product search – Product sniper allows you to search top selling products on AliExpress where you can have filtered searches by sales or e-packet option. It can also show your competitors who sell the same products as yours.
- Chrome extension – This can be used to search for products, which you can later save and transfer to their platform’s dashboard if you want to export everything together.
- Export results – The tool allows you to export product research results on to an Excel file for bulk uploads.
- There are no English video tutorials on their main website.
- Your browser tab must stay open to complete product scans.
4. AutoDS Finder
AudoDS Finder is an excellent product research tool. The tool automatically scans multiple sellers to find the top-selling products on Ecommerce platforms. However, it’s essential to note that this tool is not a standalone platform, as it’s integrated into AutoDS dropshipping tool. In addition, the tool also works on a credit system, instead of paying monthly fees.
- Fast research and upload – With just one click, the tool can search and upload more than a hundred products within a few minutes.
- Scan thousands of sellers – The tool will allow you to scan thousands of dropshipping stores to find out top-selling items across Ecommerce platforms.
- AutoDS platform integration – The platform will allow you to schedule product uploads at your preferred date and time.
- Supplier support – This tool supports various suppliers, such as Walmart, AliExpress, HomeDepot, and Amazon.
- Coupon Finder – The tool has a special coupon category that searches for items with coupon discounts. This will allow you to earn extra profits from coupon discounts.
- AutoDS Finder doesn’t have a product price range filter.
- You can’t select a specific niche from which to upload products.
5. Google Trends
Google trends is a completely free online tool that you can use to find profitable niches and latest trends. Whether you’re checking if a particular niche is successful or looking for a potential market, this tool can give you all the appropriate information.
- Niche comparison – Google trends allows you to compare up to 5 different niches or topic. You can also get statistics on those niches to know which one has higher search numbers.
- Marketplace selection – This allows you to select a particular country to get more accurate results.
- Keyword research – You can look for keywords based on user searches to optimize your current listings.
- This online tool only provides general information.
- It’s not specifically designed for dropshipping.
There are a lot of different product research tools you can use to optimize your dropshipping business. However, it’s also essential to note that some product research tools work better for specific Ecommerce platforms. Thus, you should also do your research as to what tool to use for what platform.