New attorneys find themselves dwelling on customer service, administrative work, social media management, and office maintenance because most solo law practitioners don’t have enough funds to hire full-time employees. And, when they can finally hire a full-time marketing agent, it’d still feel like an unnecessary expense, especially if they only have a few tasks at hand within a week.
Amid the rising competition in the legal industry, it’s paramount for law firms to stay proficient and productive. The only way to remain relevant in the industry is by focusing on enhancing your knowledge and competitive edge instead of doing all the digital marketing yourself.
In this article, you’ll learn what marketing challenges lawyers face and the benefits of employing a digital marketing strategy to increase the online presence of your law firm.
Marketing Challenges Lawyers Face
Marketing can only bring consistent success to your law firm if you already know your targeted audience from the start. Speaking your market’s language is also another thing you should master to understand how you can meet your customers’ needs.
Here are eleven challenges lawyers face in marketing their services:
- Choices for marketing channels are abundant
- No time to dedicate to marketing their firms
- Difficulty in getting new clients to find them
- No unique marketing strategy
- The current marketing strategy is leading nowhere
- Not yet known as the best in the legal industry
- No social media presence
- No clear understanding of market share
- Not knowing their customers well to understand their needs
- Working with multiple advertising agencies
- No tactic to stay ahead
6 Reasons A Digital Marketing Strategy Is A Must For Your Law Firm
The challenges you face in finding clients for your law firm can be erased with a sound marketing strategy. Here are six benefits of a digital marketing strategy for your law firm:
1. You’ll have a competitive edge
A competitive edge allows an organization to outperform its competitors. A digital marketing strategy can help you establish a competitive advantage in the legal industry. It’ll be easier to attract clients because you already know which channel works for you.
Here are ways a digital marketing strategy can boost your firm’s competitive edge:
- Competition-driven pricing: Most products are priced according to competition. This method gives the customer a chance to evaluate the competing brands and choose depending on the price. This strategy attracts more customers, thereby increasing the revenue.
- Influence the legal industry: Social media influencing is now a common trend in any industry. The more followers your online platform has, the more respect your earn from your potential customers.
- Conduct surveys: Conducting surveys may help you boost your competitive edge because they give a sense of authority and credibility. The surveys you share online may be used by professionals, attracting more visitors to your online law firm website.
- Employ new technology: Employing AI bots on your website can help you increase your competitive edge. AI bots can entertain your potential clients 24/7, which means you have a higher probability of generating revenue even when your legal staff isn’t working.
2. Builds online presence and attracts more legal clients
Most of your clients already use at least one social media channel. These channels include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, Tumblr, WhatsApp, and WeChat, among others. If your clients can find your law firm on any of these sites, it’ll be easier for them to trust your business.
Social media isn’t just a trend; it can also be used to increase awareness of your legal service by attracting more clients. A digital marketing strategy can help you choose the best social media platform to engage with regularly.
3. Establishes your law firm as the expert in the legal industry
Once your clients and competitors see you thriving on these social media channels, they’ll invest more time in knowing your company. An effective marketing strategy can help in acquiring clients for law firms to achieve higher sales and, eventually, revenues.
Here are ways a digital marketing strategy can help your law firm become a leader in the legal industry:
- Well-designed website: Having an appealing website may attract more page viewers. This method creates a great first impression in the minds of your new clients who are looking for a lawyer online. One way to increase their interest is to highlight your law firm’s achievements to build your clients’ trust.
- Higher conversion rate: Reaching more potential clients only becomes truly valuable if they become your clients, increasing your sales. With an effective marketing strategy, website clicks can turn into leads, which can turn into legal service sales.
4. Enhances brand awareness
An effective digital marketing strategy can get your law firm’s brand noticed and help you increase your chances of getting new clients because your potential clients will resonate with the mission of your brand. In addition, it can help you create a persona and focus on message delivery, which can help establish loyalty within your present clientele reach.
If your law firm has an established social media presence, it’s easier to build trust with your potential clients. Just like with any other product or service provider, if they see what you offer online, they’d rather invest in you instead of a hidden law firm.
5. Manipulates the algorithm
Keeping up with trends outside of the legal industry may also be helpful in staying relevant. The more you connect with your page viewers, the easier it is to gain their trust. With a digital marketing strategy, it can help you choose ways on how to engage with your audience, such as:
- Conducting polls and creating surveys out of the results
- Running giveaways and contests
- Telling stories about your clients’ experiences in how your legal services helped them
- Asking engaging questions by creating hashtags
- Using other people’s legal knowledge by sharing their content
It doesn’t matter if you’re a new lawyer or have been in the legal business for a long time. What matters most is how you can use digital marketing as a tool to increase your social media presence and attract new clients. With an effective digital marketing strategy, your law firm can have a competitive edge, improve your reputation, and help you build a strong online presence.