Nowadays there are umpteen ways to earn money – one can earn by doing a job, starting a business, through speculation and at home. In this article I will share most successful home based business ideas that are available today. Home based businesses have gained relevance due to sheer demand. There is lot of latent talent in people at home and needs to be tapped. They offer many benefits like flexibility in working hours, reduction in costs, ease of access, offers working from comfort of home, independence, tax based reductions and also the option to choose intervals of time.
Also with the widespread advent of the internet, more people are resorting to jobs they can do at the comfort of their home or on their terms. People do either one job or create a portfolio of various jobs and businesses thus arriving at a stable income.
What one needs to do here is understand the business climate, learn the tricks of the trade, understand the loopholes or the caveats, evaluate risks and set prices.
This offers the flexibility to scale up the business further at one’s own convenience and learning interests.
While there are enormous options to choose from, in this article we present 10 successful and profitable home based businesses available today.
1. Online Teaching: The way education was earlier being viewed has been revolutionised by the entry of digital learning. Now many companies, tutors teach online and students access benefits of learning various subjects at a click. This creates a swarm of opportunities and thus this is one successful available option.
2. Online Influencer: This includes scores of opportunities like being a youtuber which can amass a fortune and earn a following. One can earn through ad revenue, sponsorships, collaborations and through performances or presentations. This however is highly subjective and depends a lot on creativity and content.
3. Shopify Store: This is trending home based business ooportunity. You can start a dropshipping business with the help of shopify. You can create your online store over there and sell the imported products. You can use Chinese marketplace Aliexpress for your dropshipping business.
4. E- commerce Store: If you have a penchant for creating new handicrafts or can access products you want to sell at a profit margin, then one can open an e-commerce marketplace. This creates a window of opportunities by creating a loyal consumer base. Nowadays, stores in the form of websites, instagram stores, facebook pages etc are also making good revenue. Also, if they are handmade items, one gets to satisfy the creative urge and also make money through sales and effective customer engagement.
5. Freelance Writer: There is a huge demand for content and various specific styles of writing that can be used in blogs, websites or academic journals. Also one can create their own blog, website and monetize the site. Creating unique niche based content that will ensure readers satisfaction and help in information gathering or knowledge acquisition is important. Read more
6. Virtual Assistant: In this business, one works like a assistant providing administrative, technical,marketing assistance to clients all over the world working from home. This is a strict contract based work that requires a lot of commitment and time. There are fixed working hours despite it being a work from home opportunity. Read more
7. Graphic designer: This requires a skill set with effective training in softwares required to complete a design. Tons of freelance websites provide opportunities and if one can capitalise on creativity then it can work wonders. Having an amazing site or an instagram page to showcase your skills as a designer and earn brownie points also helps.
8. Cooking videos: There has been increased demand for cooking videos, recipes posted on blogs and other ways to prepare food. Now with gender dilution, cooking has become necessary for all be it men or women. Creating cooking videos presented in a creative manner with easy recipes and smart hacks will be useful for bachelors and others equally.
9. Digital Marketing: This is one area that has gained momentum and will be highly in demand. Doing a certification course that is usually short can help improve skills and boost career. Freelancing in this sphere can surface more opportunities for peole interested in this work. One can learn more and earn more by even doing SEO and other related work. Creating an own page can also help through advertisements.
10. Warehousing: This is specifically for those who have extra space at their house or in a garage and can make use of it by making it a warehouse. This provides stable income and makes for able use of space. One can also create a pattern by linking it and expanding it by makeshift warehouses.
11. Boutique: In this, one can earn by either customising or creating patterns of clothes of various styles suited for multiple occassions. Festive, casual, wedding trosseau can be created as per customer demand. One can even make replica models, translate the customers ideas into cloth and make it a worthy business. One requires to have special creativity and deliver orders on time with utmost customer satisfaction. Read more
Businesses from home require patience, hardwork and a lot of persistence. Results will not be immediate. One will start seeing profits slowly but surely.